Coca-Cola is one of the largest and most dominating companies in the world monopolizing the entire soft-drink market. Here are some of those facts about Coca-Cola that will satisfy your curiosity and present some interesting information about the giant. View more at #FactsPediaIn.
1. Coca leaves are still a part of Coca-Cola’s formula but the cocaine is extracted for medical use and the remaining matter is used for flavoring the drink.
2. It is estimated that Americans consume around 1.7 million tons of sugar, or 10.8 pounds per person, in a year from drinking Coca-Cola.
3. Coca-Cola was originally created by John Pemberton as a substitute for his morphine addiction. It was an alcoholic drink at first and the alcohol was later removed during the prohibition period.
4. People have been finding new uses for Coca-Cola, including using it to repel insects, kill snails or slugs, loosen rusty bolts, clean car battery terminals and even to clean toilets.
5. Fanta was invented during the second world war when Coca-Cola couldn’t import syrup into Nazi Germany because of a trade embargo. Instead, they made Fanta only using the available ingredients at that time.
6. Farmers in the eastern state of Chhattisgarh, India, use Coca-Cola and Pepsi to deal with pests. The sugar in the drinks attracts ants which in turn feed on insect larvae.
7. During the early the 1900s, Coca-Cola marketed for whites whereas Pepsi marketed for blacks.
8. Coca-Cola has overused and depleted the ground water of Mehdiganj, a village in India, for 16 years.
9. Only 2 people alive know the “recipe” of Coca-Cola. It’s such a protected secret that they are both not allowed to travel on the same plane at the same time in case it crashes.
10. Coca-Cola makes so many different types of beverages that it would take you over 9 years to taste them all if you tried one per day.
11. A truck driver at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. with 12 years of “clean record” was allegedly fired for drinking Pepsi on company time.
12. The American Coca-Cola spent as much as $1.5 million on scientists to argue that obesity is not caused by soft drinks and rather than cutting down on them, people should work out more.
13. Coca-Cola was sued by Dr. Pepper in 1972 for trademark infringement by making a soft-drink named “Peppo”. The drink was renamed as Dr. Pibb and was sued again. In the end, they named it Mr. Pibb.
14. During the late 90’s, Coca-Cola tested price-changing vending machines taking advantage of the supply and demand concept. The machine would increase the price as temperature increased.
15. The initial formula of Coca-Cola contained a small amount of cocaine to give the drinkers a “buzz”. In 1903, it was removed and replaced by caffeine.
View more at #FactsPediaIn.